*Click to enlarge images, majority of photos are not my own.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall Purchase -> Elizabeth and James



The Olsen twins line The Row has been selling out at Barneys and Bergdorf's and I must say that I am a big fan. I love the sheer white tees and the simplicity of the lines and colours, with most items in black, white and grey. The one issue I do have is the very high price points attached to these items. Yes, I am aware they are using top of the line fabrics and the tailoring is supposed to be amazing. As ahead of the fashionista pack as the Olsens are, they do not have the longevity and background in design to support the hefty price tags accompanying their garments. $3,220 Tuscan lamb-fur coats, $1,700 cashmere tuxedo jackets with three-quarter sleeves, $875 banded strapless dresses, $360 legging-style pants.

On the contrary their cheaper and more reasonably priced line Elizabeth and James is fantastic!!! I am in love with almost every piece. Fur trimmed blazer $995, Skinny stirrup pants $220 (SO HOT WITH HEELS), Au Revoir dress $360, hooded jacket $425.

Enjoy the pics!

No comments: